Friday, October 14, 2011

Red Wings 2, Canucks 0: Post Game Snipes...

  • Normally, I'd be aggravated and cranky about a four-day break in the schedule, but just this once it was okay because it meant that I got to devote all of my attention to the Tigers. They won their afternoon game today, setting up a perfect Detroit double-header. It seemed like the Baseball Gods were smiling on us today.
  • So, I guess I should get back to hockey, eh?  I'm pretty sure that's what this blog is actually about, though it's been kind of a while since I was updating regularly.  Whoops.
  • The game started off pretty slow, especially after the heart-attacks from the Tigers game, and the Wings looked exactly like you'd expect a team to look after being off for entirely too many days for such an early point in the season.
  • The Wings managed to hold the Canucks off until the second period, at which point they proceeded to have their way with them. Granted, Vancouver was playing the tail end of a back-to-back, but they didn't exactly look like a team that went to the Finals just a few months ago.
  • Pavel Datsyuk seemed determined to put on a good show on his bobblehead night. One of my oldest friends was at the Joe tonight, and I gave her a mission to obtain a bobblehead for me. She failed. Anyone have a spare?
  • I really like the fact that Abby followed up his fight with a goal.
  • Back-to-back shutouts. Not bad, eh?

1 comment: