Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dangle Dangle Me Tonight...

There wasn't a whole lot going on today. It sounds more and more like Datsyuk is going to be playing in Game 4. Going into Game 3, I figured we'd be a lot more likely to see Dangle Dangle if the Wings lost than if they won. Sure enough, they lost, so here we are. Whether or not it has anything to do with the fact that this is a potential series-tying game is probably not something I'm meant to know.

At any rate, it made me irrationally happy for approximately thirty seconds before I managed to suppress the feeling lest my hopes get too high. Being a Wings fan for all of these years has given me an almost super-power like ability to destroy my own hopes and crush my soul. So it's nice to see that it comes in handy from time to time. It's just that I find it less emotionally distressing to prevent my hopes from ever getting to high so that I don't have to deal with the paralyzing pain that occurs when they all come crashing down. This also possibly explains why I'm still single, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, in case you didn't know, Pavel Datsyuk's hilarious. Seriously. But you knew that already because you've seen this. Today's installment of Pavel Datsyuk's Comedy Hour is courtesy of Puck Daddy.
Datsyuk on having to sit out: "Oh, I tell you, this is not fun to watch. I take in lots of beer."
Datsyuk on whether he might play wing in Game 4: "I think at wing, center, defenseman, I want to play so bad."
Datsyuk on how long he'd like to play in Game 4: "The game is 60 minutes. I hope to play 60 minutes. But we make a decision tomorrow morning."
When I read the first quote, I had a mental image of him and Chelios making a drinking game where they chugged beers every time the Wings turned the puck over. The poor man's foot has probably been healed since Saturday. He's just been recovering from Game 1's hangover.

I've been reading "opposition" blogs for every round of the playoffs this year, and I have to say, The Pens Blog is by far the worst I've come across. I genuinely enjoyed reading Chicago's blogs, and even Anaheim's bloggers managed to not make me angry. But The Pens Blog is an entirely different story. I don't know if it's the stupid photoshops or their inability to compose paragraphs, but it feels like it's being written by fourth graders. I know it's a stupid thing to complain about, but seriously. It's pathetic.

I don't need to say that Game 4 is a must-win. You know it. The Pens know it. The Wings know it. If the boys show up to play, then there's the possibility that I'll be smiling Friday morning. If not, then I'll be frightening my co-workers even more than I did on Tuesday night. I have the day off tomorrow. Thank the Hockey Gods for that. Because, let's face it, I'm going to be useless tomorrow. And if you're a big enough fan to be trolling Wings blogs, then you know exactly what I mean. Enough said.

1 comment: