Sunday, November 13, 2011

Red Wings 5, Stars 2: Post Game Snipes...

  • I'm a little bit rusty here. It's been so long since I got to watch a Wings game that I had to re-teach myself the concept of icing during the first period.
  • In one play during the third period, Ian White blocked a shot with his face,and then Henrik Zetterberg made a kick save on the goal line to keep the puck out of the net. White ended up with several stitches and a hospital visit out of the deal.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if Fil's and Franzen played the way they've been playing all the time?
  • Win five, lose six, win four. Nobody can accuse the Wings of not being streaky.
  • For a while there, I thought last night was going to be one of those games where the Wings fire 100 shots at a no-name backup goalie and make him look like an All-Star starter. Obviously, they figured things out in the end, though.
  • The broadcast had several nice tributes to Mickey Redmond. He deserves all of them. I sure do love that flannel-wearing, ginger-ale-drinking, bingo-bango-saying, composite-stick-hating guy. He's one of a kind.
  • I particularly enjoyed Homer's analysis of the goal that was originally credited to him before being switched to Kronner. I also enjoyed the fact that he told Murph that the goal didn't go in off of him, but asked him to do him a solid and say it did anyway.
  • Kindl got into a fight at the end of the game. I like the effort, but he didn't really do so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment