Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wings vs. Coyotes GP...

1. Leino looked better on New Year’s Eve. He did things like skate and appear to have a purpose out there on the ice. He even scored a goal. With Brad May’s injury, he’s guaranteed another shot at playing, so can he build on that performance and work his way out of the doghouse?
2. Guys will be coming back from injuries in the next couple of weeks. It’s time for the guys who’ve been playing to start fighting for their jobs. Who’s going to play well enough to guarantee himself a spot in the lineup every night?
3. Tonight marks the start of a 5-game roadtrip. Ten points are at stake (How do you like those mad math skills?) on the trip, and it’s important for the Wings to start stringing together some wins. Will they be able to start it off well and set a good tone for the rest of the roadtrip?
4. When is Nick Lidstrom going to score a goal again? It’s been the better part of a decade since he put one in the net, and I’m going to copy/paste this into every GP until he does.

This is the last GP before I start school again. Beginning Monday, it’s going to be tough to get GPs up during the week as regularly as I’ve been doing. I’m going to try to write them the night before games, but since I’m an all-star procrastinator, they’re probably going to be coming in the evenings instead…or not at all from time to time. I’m going to do my best to keep things going, but this next semester’s going to be pretty rough. Please bear with me as I stagger my way toward the finish line of the ridiculously intense, one-year, super condensed master’s program that I was crazy enough to enroll in.

No comments:

Post a Comment