Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2010-2011 Player Profiles: Patrick Eaves...

Hey, kids, guess what? Hockey's almost here. That means it's time for me to get back into this whole blogging thing that I've neglected during the off-season. Since I lack the creativity to come up with a new gimmick, I decided to continue the Player Profiles series I did last year leading up to the season. I'll be taking a look at a different player (almost) every day between now and when hockey starts. By my count, there are 23 days until the Wings open the regular season. Get excited. Today's subject:

Patrick Eaves


2009-2010 Regular Season: 65 GP, 12-10-22, +/- 0, 26 PIM
2010 Playoffs: 8 GP, 0-0-0, +/- -3, 2 PIM

Season Highlight: His fight against Chicago.
Season Lowlight: The  #Eavesed incident.

Eaves came into last season as kind of a wildcard, at least to me. I didn't really know much about him, but I liked his potential. Eaves lived up to my expectations and had a pretty good season in his new home. It seemed like he found a niche in the Wings' roster and settled in. I was glad when he re-signed with the team this summer. Without Eaves and his glorious shootout attempt during the H2H weekend, we would never have had the #Eavesed hashtag on twitter. How can you not laugh when you watch that video?

I expect much the same from Eaves this season, minus the shootout wipeout. Then again, I'd like to think that he won't need to be called upon to take any shootout attempts again, but I guess anything can happen. He should provide the Wings with solid two-way play, and he has the ability to chip in with a timely goal here and there. He'll be fighting with Helm, Abdelkader, Draper, and Miller for fourth line minutes, but I think he'll crack the lineup.

What he needs to do to make me smile: Keep up the solid two-way play.

No comments:

Post a Comment