Thursday, September 23, 2010

2010-2011 Player Profiles: Jiri Hudler...

Hey, kids, guess what? Hockey's almost here. That means it's time for me to get back into this whole blogging thing that I've neglected during the off-season. Since I lack the creativity to come up with a new gimmick, I decided to continue the Player Profiles series I did last year leading up to the season. I'll be taking a look at a different player (almost) every day between now and when hockey starts. By my count, there are 15 days until the Wings open the regular season. Get excited. Today's subject:

Jiri Hudler


2009-2010 Regular Season: N/A
2010 Playoffs: N/A

Season Highlight: N/A
Season Lowlight: N/A

Jiri Hudler caused plenty of drama last summer when he took a high-paying deal in the KHL. Now he's back in the Wings' fold. I know next to nothing about his performance last year, and I'm really not going to bother looking into it.

As of now, he's slated for the third line with Mike Modano and Dan Cleary. Together, they should provide a nice scoring punch for the Wings. Hudler has good hands and a pretty good shot; the Wings missed his finish last season. On top of that, he has the ability to make ridiculous faces. He's always amused me for reasons I can't quite understand. Here's hoping he steps back into life in the NHL without missing a beat.

What he needs to do to make me smile: Avoid being photographed in bathtubs.

1 comment: