Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fleeting Moments that Make Me Glad to Be A Hockey Fan...

I missed this on CBC last night. I just wish I had a way to combine NBC's HD video feed with the audio from CBC. Unfortunately, they're not quite in sync, so that wouldn't work anyway. This video is friggin' awesome, though. Coldplay's not exactly what comes to mind when I think of music to pair with hockey highlights, but it works, and it's actually really beautiful. It kind of makes me wish I lived in Canada. It also makes me want to make one of my own, sans Pittsburgh highlights. It'll never happen though. Enjoy:



Also, no Dangle Dangle once again. I'm getting the feeling that we won't be seeing him until training camp, as much as it pains me to say that.

Aside from that, Bingo Bango agrees with me about Crosby's whining and refusal to allow for the possibility that opposing players might occasionally make good plays against him. Last year, I described my hatred for Crosby as "semi-irrational," but the more I see and hear from him, the more I'm leaning toward dropping the "semi" part.

Speaking of Crosby, he looks like the unholy love child of Napoleon Dynamite and his friend Pedro with that nasty 'stache. Just...use a razor. At least Malkin had the guts to admit that he can't grow a very good beard.

The one thing that's getting me through the day is remembering that the Wings didn't play entirely up to their level. They maybe brought their B game. And they won last night. So, on the off chance that they decide to bust out the A game tonight, things will be looking pretty good. At least that's what I keep telling myself in order to keep from vomiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment