Thursday, August 6, 2009

Williams Back for More...

The Wings announced that they signed Jason Williams to a one year deal this morning. The terms haven't leaked yet, as far as I know, but we're all well aware of the amount of cap space the Wings had to work with, so you can expect that it's somewhere around that level. I've already made my case against bringing Williams back, so you all know how I feel about that. The one upside to this deal is that it will allow Abdelkader to start the season in Grand Rapids. I'm also curious to see how long Williams makes it before he starts whining. I'm a much bigger fan of the Eaves deal.

@joeburkel on Twitter pointed out to me that Eaves has never put up good numbers. However, he, unlike Williams, has never annoyed me before. He's coming in with a clean slate with no previous animosity built up. And I hold grudges. I'm not going to hide the fact that Williams is going to have to play twice as hard to earn my respect. Plus, I like the unexplored potential that Eaves brings. You get the feeling that he's never peaked and that there's a whole lot more that he can bring to the ice surface. On the other hand, with Williams, you pretty much know what you're getting. I'd be shocked if he surprised me at all.

At any rate, it's nice to actually have a lineup to discuss. It'll give me something to do besides watch youtube videos. Now if we could just get Lilja's head fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment