- This one's going to be brief since I have to wake up insanely early to hit the road tomorrow morning.
- Jimmy has me worried.
- When did Darren Helm learn how to finish? I'm liking it.
- I was stunned to find out that Rafalski hadn't scored a goal until tonight. He scored on two long shots that probably should've been saved, but I'll take whatever I can get.
- Ken Daniels credited Helm with a “Datsyukian deke.” Little brother was excited because it had been a long time since he'd heard that. Evidently it made his day.
- How about that backcheck from Tomas Tatar to keep the game tied in the third?
- On the same play, Stuart fell victim to a nasty headshot that only went down as “roughing.” Yeah, right. It was from the blindside, he was vulnerable, the head was targeted, and there was an injury on the play. Am I missing anything? This is the kind of hit the NHL's supposedly trying to crack down on. I would imagine that it'll be looked at by Colin Campbell tomorrow.
- That penalty kill during OT was phenomenal. I'm not normally one to hope for shootouts, but in that case, it was better than the other likely outcome.
- I'm not used to this whole winning shootouts thing. It's a bit confusing.
- Why is Z so BAD at the shootout? I really feel like he should be better.
Hero: Brian Rafalski
He picked up his first two goals of the season tonight.
Villain: Tom Kostopoulos
He laid a textbook headshot on Stuart and lucked out with only a 2-minute roughing penalty.
I'm going to be offline for a little while as I get settled into my new digs. I have no idea how often I'm going to be able to watch games for the rest of the season. I'll be keeping up with captions, trivia, and GPs, but recaps may be few and far between. It's hard to tell at this point.