- The fourth line was buzzing tonight. It paid off with goals from Darren Helm and Kris Draper.
- I barely noticed the top line except for a couple of shifts in the third period.
- Ozzie played great until he gave up that weak tying goal. In other words, you could say that it was a typical Chris Osgood game.
- I had my fingers crossed that Ken Daniels would say, “Petry dishes...,” when describing a pass by the Oilers' Petry. Alas, he did not. I'm a total nerd.
- Franzen did his best Brad Stuart impersonation and scooped a puck off of the goal line on a fluky play when the puck popped up in the air and landed behind Ozzie. How close was it to going in? Close enough to fool the spotlight operator into prematurely starting a celebration.
- I hate the jump-into-the-boards goal celebration. I keep hoping for the day when I get to witness someone go right through the glass live. I don't know about you, but when I'm happy, my first instinct is not to propel myself into walls.
- It was another 3 GAA game for the Wings. I spent some time looking at goalie stats this afternoon, and they're not looking pretty lately.
Hero: Todd Bertuzzi
He came through with two goals after seemingly going ages since his last tally.
Villain: Ales Hemsky
Because he picked up two assists and I still haven't gotten over 2006.
I was really hoping for Tuzzifries at the end. What gives, Todd?