- I actually got to watch part of today's game on a real, HD TV. It brought tears of joy to my eyes. I sat at my desk starving for three hours because I wanted my lunch break to coincide with the third period of the game. I was more than prepared. I kicked back in the break room with a frozen dinner, my Wings hat from the last viewing party, and one of the last cans of Vernor's that I brought here from Michigan. The only thing that could've made it better is if it had been Ken and Mickey on the broadcast. Or if I hadn't been at work. You get the idea, though.
- I only got to watch the third, but it sure seemed like Datsyuk got knocked around a lot. It was uncharacteristic.
- Darren Helm had a great chance off of a rush in the third, but failed to convert. It's okay though; I'm pretty sure if he and Kris Draper had finished chances like that in the same game it would've caused a break in the space-time continuum.
- I kind of like it when the Wings play puck-possession hockey.
- I decided that the only thing I like about afternoon games is the fact that the lower bowl looks like it's full of fans in Wings gear instead of bored businessmen in work clothes.
- Remember that crazy run Bert went on last November/December? This kind of reminds me of that.
- I never, never, ever want Nick Lidstrom to retire. Never.
Hero: Todd Bertuzzi
Back-to-back two-goal games? Get this man a round of glitter.
Villain: Zdeno Chara
I know it's not his fault that he's tall, or that people keep talking about it, it's just that I'm tired of hearing about it. Yes, I get it. He's an extremely large person. Being tall isn't a skill though; it's an asset, but that doesn't mean the world.
I usually hate NBC, but I could've kissed the tv when I turned it on and saw the Joe.