Monday, January 18, 2010

Belated UofM-Western Pictures...

This is a little bit late (and not at all Wings-related), but I drove out to Kalamazoo last Friday night to watch UM play Western. I have to say that it was a fantastic place to watch a hockey game. My friend hooked me up with her roommate’s student ID, so I got in for free. Not only that, but we ended up sitting right on the glass at the faceoff circle in the end that UM defended twice. The game was fantastic all around. UM ended up winning 4-3, and the game was exciting right up until the final buzzer. The game winning goal came on a 5-minute powerplay after Western took a boarding call. I happened to be leaning forward with my elbows on the dasher at that point, and he got boarded right in my face. I was upset because a UM player could’ve gotten hurt, but it was pretty sweet as a hockey fan. The next step is finally finding time to make it to a game at Yost.

The only downside was the fact that when I excitedly pulled my camera out to capture the awesomeness, I discovered that I had forgotten to take the battery off of the charger. I have a feeling that this is going to be a recurring theme in my life now that I’ve gotten my first camera that doesn’t run off of AAs. Anyway, that didn’t stop me from testing out my new phone’s camera, and I got some pretty fantastic shots. Some of them are a little blurry, but they were cool in their own way. This is by far the best shot. He actually looks like he has Wolverine claws a la X-Men. The rest of them are on Photobucket.

Okay, and now back to your regularly scheduled Red Wings nonsense.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! I never got to see a hockey game at Kalamazoo but I went to Yost to see the 6-1 win the next day.
    You know, this week I learned to hate shootouts because the Wings lost both and Michigan also lost to Alaska in the first shootout ever at Yost...

    ReplyDelete