- I'd say that each team won one period tonight, and split another. The difference was that the Wings won their period bigger. The first was kind of a draw, then the Wings took over in the second, only to fall asleep during the third.
- I never, ever, ever want to hear that stupid “Ole” soccer chant in Joe Louis Arena again. Ever.
- I loved that the Wings' d-men were all over the offense tonight. Lidstrom's buzzer-beater on the 5-on-3 was just brilliant.
- Ken and Mickey's reaction to that goal was priceless.
- I was at work and we had the game on the TVs. I don't think anything got done during that 5-on-3. I'm pretty sure everyone was just standing around watching.
- Pavel Datsyuk's goal was just beautiful. He got a nice set-up from Rig and finished it with a gorgeous shot. After the game, he was asked to describe the goal and he said, “I just shoot.”
- The penalty differential between the Wings and Canadiens was kind of surprising. I kept waiting for the evening out calls to come in the third period, but they never did. You don't usually see that kind of disparity unless you're playing Anaheim.
Those saves he made late in the third period when the rest of the Wings were fading were nothing short of spectacular.
Villains: Habs fans
“Ole, Ole?” Not in our building.
I've already moved onto the Big Chill. Tomorrow's going to be insane.