Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mental Collapse (Again)...

I missed the first period last night, so I really can’t comment on that, but I made it home just in time to see the start of the second. And I have to say that I liked what I saw. The Wings actually looked like themselves for a change. They were doing their puck possession thing and controlling play, so I settled in with some homemade chocolate covered pretzels to enjoy a nice, relaxing end to an absurdly busy Saturday.

And then, apparently sometime during the second intermission, the Wings decided that they had things under control and didn’t actually need to show up for the rest of the game. They still managed to walk away with a point after losing the shootout, but that doesn’t make things any better. There’s absolutely no excuse for not walking away with two points last night. None at all. They simply stopped skating, stopped thinking, and stopped working, and that’s inexcusable. I’m tired of watching them sleepwalk their way to frustrating losses. That’s the Tigers’ MO. I expect better from the Wings.

For a real recap, check out On the Wings. I couldn’t agree more with the opening paragraph. George Malik also posted a good piece over at Snapshots. Everything he says is spot on. The team needs to find a way to get their heads on straight and figure out a way to win some hockey games. If it takes a roadtrip for them to figure things out, then I’ll help them pack their suitcases. Somebody needs to do something, because this is getting ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment