Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wings vs. Oilers GP...

Wings @ Oilers 9:30 PM

1. Edmonton’s riding a pretty lengthy scoreless streak. I’m all about kicking teams while they’re down, so the Wings will need to play a strong first period and keep them frustrated.
2. By the end of the Vancouver game, I had the sense that Pavel Datsyuk was getting ready to go on a scoring tear. Dating back to last season, he was in quite a slump in terms of offensive production. Now that he’s finally gotten whatever issues he had sorted out I’ll be looking for him to really get on a roll. He sat out practice Wednesday because of a shot he blocked. He claims that he's sure he'll be fine for the game tonight, but I won't believe that until I see him take a shift. All of the injuries and bad breaks the Wings have had starting in the pre-season have caused me to wonder if I accidentally kicked a puppy without realizing it. Maybe I punched a baby in my sleep. I must've done something to upset karma and the Hockey Gods. I'm going to work on figuring out what travesty I committed and how to atone for my transgressions. This is getting old.
3. Jimmy Howard’s scheduled to start today. He’s played well in his last two appearances. We’ll see if he can keep it up. I’m honestly torn about the goaltending issue. I’ve always been an Ozzie supporter, but he’s had a pretty rough start to the season. Jimmy Howard’s had a good last couple of games, but it’s going to take a bit more before I’m a convert. I guess we’ll see what happens.
4. How will Darren Helm respond to being scratched on Tuesday? I wasn’t really sure about Babcock’s decision to sit him last night, but since things worked out well in the end, I can’t really complain about it. That being said, I would like to see more from him. It’s early and he did miss some time due to his injury, but he has been a little quieter than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment