Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Free Press Overload...

I went off the grid for seven hours at work today, and upon returning, I opened up Google Reader to find 87 unread items. That's insane. It also probably explains why I never get anything done.

Anyway, all was not lost, as my subscriptions included the following:

--Another gallery of training camp pictures. (For fun, you can try to spot the picture that's mis-captioned.) Every picture of the Wings on the ice gets me more and more excited for the regular season. I cannot wait until I get to head down to the Joe for one of the pre-season games.
--There's also a nice article on Jonathan Ericsson and the team's expectations for him this season. Regarding having his locker next to Lidstrom's:
"That would be great -- I'd love to get some of his wisdom," Ericsson said.
Make me happy, Johnny. Make me happy.
--As I'm sure everyone knows by now, Darren Helm injured his shoulder crashing into the boards during practice. He's going to miss 2-4 weeks, and it's unlikely that he'll be available for the start of the regular season. It doesn't sound as though he'll be missing a lot of time, though. It could've been a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment