Sunday, March 28, 2010

Red Wings 1, Predators 0 (SO): Post Game Snipes...

  • I got to watch most of this game from The Emperor’s house which I have named Kukla’s Kasa. Inviting us crazies over was incredibly nice and we definitely enjoyed his hospitality. He grills a mean hamburger too, by the way.
  • Early in the game, Baroque predicted a 1-0 shootout loss. Luckily for us, she only got the score right.
  • The Wings currently find themselves in 6th place. That has never before looked so beautiful. It makes me sad how excited I am about that.
  • I still can’t believe the Wings won a shootout. What is this world?
  • It would’ve been nice to have gotten it done in regulation, since Nashville’s one of the teams the Wings are chasing, but I’ll take the two points any night.
  • I know we’ve been saying this all season, but the Wings really shouldn’t be that bad at shootouts. Todd Bertuzzi and Nik Kronwall were really the only two guys who could get pucks past Pekka Rinne? Really?
  • After Bertuzzi scored his goal in the shootout, we were really hoping Jimmy would make the next save. Not just because we wanted to win, but we also thought it would be the perfect ending to the H2H weekend for Petrella.
  • I guess in the end it was a good thing that he didn’t make that stop since it allowed us to see Patrick Eaves’ “attempt.” It’s a lot funnier now that it didn’t cost the Wings the game. I really liked the fact that he got up laughing right away. What’s life if you can’t laugh at yourself?
  • I’m willing to nominate the DJ at the Town Pump last night for worst of all time. I know Brian was a big fan of his, but good lord, what was that? Not only was it terrible, but it was so loud that the only way to carry on a conversation with anyone was to talk three inches from their ear.
GP Answers:
1. This is one of those key 4-point games against a team the Wings are chasing in the standings. Can the boys cap off a perfect H2H event with another win tonight?
I don’t think it would’ve been possible for H2H to have gone any better than it did. It was wonderful and incredible and amazing, and I miss all of you sunshines already.

Cookies and Cupcakes for Jimmy Howard
You pitch a shutout, you get the baked goods. It’s as simple as that.

An Extra Stick Tap for Niklas Kronwall
By that point in the shootout, none of us could even guess who was going to be taking the next shot. We figured Ozzie was getting ready to make an attempt. I’m pretty sure Kronner’s game winner got Dena pregnant.

Patrick Eaves gets the Golden Facepalm
This one’s pretty obvious:


What I Learned:

Red Wings fans are the greatest people in the universe. I know this is the same as last time, but I can’t say it enough. This weekend was incredible.

5 comments:

  1. Eaves attempt will be in the season 2009/10 bloopers highlights - 100%! )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Town Pump DJ was as bad as the Laikon Cafe waiter was good. It's like yin and yang-- keeping the universe in balance. There can be no awesome Jimmah shoo-ut-out without an "Eavesed!" moment.

    Maybe I'm overtired. It made more sense in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my defense, given the Wings' record in shootouts, it was an easy prediction to make.

    Boy, am I ever glad I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was seriously hoping that Bertuzzi's goal in the shootout stood up. I had my money out and everything, ready to buy a round for the whole goddamn place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for embedding this video into your blog. I think I've watched it about 20 times and I LOL harder each time that I see it. I realize we all would've been pissed if we'd lost the game after he did that, but it's good to know that instead of getting down on himself and being pissy about it, he was able to laugh. Shows a lot of character for him.

    As awesome as the Kronner shootout goal was (and getting to see Dena practically explode was pretty entertaining), I too, wish the Bert goal would've stood. Petrella promised me a beer.

    I don't know who the Town Pump DJ was trying to impress...maybe She-Tuzzi?

    ReplyDelete