- I got to watch most of this game from The Emperor’s house which I have named Kukla’s Kasa. Inviting us crazies over was incredibly nice and we definitely enjoyed his hospitality. He grills a mean hamburger too, by the way.
- Early in the game, Baroque predicted a 1-0 shootout loss. Luckily for us, she only got the score right.
- The Wings currently find themselves in 6th place. That has never before looked so beautiful. It makes me sad how excited I am about that.
- I still can’t believe the Wings won a shootout. What is this world?
- It would’ve been nice to have gotten it done in regulation, since Nashville’s one of the teams the Wings are chasing, but I’ll take the two points any night.
- I know we’ve been saying this all season, but the Wings really shouldn’t be that bad at shootouts. Todd Bertuzzi and Nik Kronwall were really the only two guys who could get pucks past Pekka Rinne? Really?
- After Bertuzzi scored his goal in the shootout, we were really hoping Jimmy would make the next save. Not just because we wanted to win, but we also thought it would be the perfect ending to the H2H weekend for Petrella.
- I guess in the end it was a good thing that he didn’t make that stop since it allowed us to see Patrick Eaves’ “attempt.” It’s a lot funnier now that it didn’t cost the Wings the game. I really liked the fact that he got up laughing right away. What’s life if you can’t laugh at yourself?
- I’m willing to nominate the DJ at the Town Pump last night for worst of all time. I know Brian was a big fan of his, but good lord, what was that? Not only was it terrible, but it was so loud that the only way to carry on a conversation with anyone was to talk three inches from their ear.
1. This is one of those key 4-point games against a team the Wings are chasing in the standings. Can the boys cap off a perfect H2H event with another win tonight?
I don’t think it would’ve been possible for H2H to have gone any better than it did. It was wonderful and incredible and amazing, and I miss all of you sunshines already.
Cookies and Cupcakes for Jimmy Howard
You pitch a shutout, you get the baked goods. It’s as simple as that.
An Extra Stick Tap for Niklas Kronwall
By that point in the shootout, none of us could even guess who was going to be taking the next shot. We figured Ozzie was getting ready to make an attempt. I’m pretty sure Kronner’s game winner got Dena pregnant.
Patrick Eaves gets the Golden Facepalm
This one’s pretty obvious:
What I Learned:
Red Wings fans are the greatest people in the universe. I know this is the same as last time, but I can’t say it enough. This weekend was incredible.