Friday, March 26, 2010

Red Wings vs. Wild Wish List...

Instead of writing a normal GP (Let’s face it; that just wouldn’t do H2H justice.), I’ve decided to write a checklist of things that I want to happen tonight. I’ll probably be adding to it throughout the day.
  • Todd Bertuzzi scores a hat trick and then winks rakishly at Petrella in the stands.
  • My friend who is joining us gets her foot stuck in a chair at the Joe to the amusement of the entire H2H section. Again.
  • The Megamix gets pumped.
  • No one has to file any restraining orders against the fake internet people they just met. Don’t get me wrong, I’m coming prepared with the paperwork just in case, but I hope it doesn’t have to get put to use.
  • A reenactment of March 26th, 1997 at the pre-game party.
  • The people sitting near our group in the stands leave halfway through the game in terror.
  • A round (or 19) of toasts for the Chief who is with us in spirit.
  • Finally getting to meet Herm and all of my other imaginary friends.
  • The Wingspan crew gets absolutely no footage appropriate enough to air on TV from the pre-game party.
  • The Wings win (of course).
  • Plenty of conversation about bacon, euchre, and Man Pocky.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you sing Jimmy a happy birthday during a TV timeout as well. Someone has got to organize that! I so wish I could be there tonight with you guys. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete