Friday, March 19, 2010

Red Wings vs. Oilers GP...

I wasn’t going to do a GP today since I won’t be able to watch the game, but I didn’t want my 300th post to be a generic leaving-town-check-back-on-Monday post. As it so happens, I'm leaving town today. In fact, I'm posting this from the airport (Bless you, wireless internet). I thought it was particularly nice that the Wings had three days off before playing back-to-back games on the one weekend that I’m on vacation. I’ll be living it up in New Orleans at the wedding of one of my most beloved Splash Trashers and probably overloading Google’s score texting service checking for updates since I’m about 98% sure that nobody’s ever even heard of hockey down there. I may or may not be up and running in time for the Pittsburgh game on Monday.

1. The Wings have been playing well recently, which has made for a much cheerier bunch of Red Wing fans. Their random West Coast break has the potential to be a momentum-killer though. Can their strong play continue tonight?
2. The word on the street is that Jonathan Ericsson will be making his glorious return to the lineup tonight. Will he make us miss Brett Lebda?
3. Edmonton’s exactly the kind of team that the Wings like to overlook and get embarrassed by. Are they going to bother showing up tonight? Sixty minutes please, boys.
4. What is Tomas Holmstrom going to do tonight to make Wings fans swoon?

The Wings didn’t get any help during their layoff. Calgary and Nashville both picked up all of the points possible during their games. I don’t know what the deal is, but the out of town scores never seem to break the Wings’ way. I guess they’re going to have to do it on their own. The good news is that the Wings now have a game in hand on Calgary and two on Nashville.

Don’t forget to enter the Contest of Insanity. There are a lot of good ones already, but more is always better, so keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment