Friday, October 8, 2010

Red Wings vs. Ducks GP...

Instead of writing a season preview, I decided to make some changes around these parts. I had hoped to completely redesign the site for the start of the new season, but I fell a little short. I'm still working on the background image, so SSDD's going to stay ugly for a little while longer until I can finish 'Shopping. I did, however, finally complete the banner I sketched out back in March or April. Naturally, I waited until the night before the Wings' season started to get going on it, but hey, procrastination happens.

I've decided to do away with the GP format I did last season. By the end of the year, it had gotten tedious and I realized that I hated writing them. Since I'm mostly here because I enjoy doing this, it was clear that I needed to make a change. I'll probably end up tweaking this a little here and there as I figure out what works and what's lame (and also because I came up with the idea in the middle of the night just now instead of planning it out during the long off-season). Anyway, welcome to the 2010-2011 Red Wings season. Let's just drop the puck already.

Red Wings: 0-0-0
Ducks: 0-0-0

Three Things (Questions, observations, predictions...who knows what's going to find its way into this section?):

1. There's a clean slate tonight. It's a chance to start over and start the march toward what we hope is a celebration in June. Here's hoping the boys start off on the right foot.
2. How long are the defensive pairings going to stand as they are now?
3. I still flinch every time the Wings play the Ducks out of fear that the elbows will start flying. Let's just try to get out of opening night uninjured.

Players to Watch (I'm going to randomly choose a player using a random number generator from each roster to highlight.):

Darren Helm


0-0-0, +/- 0, 0 PIM

Everybody likes Darren Helm. There's not much more to say about him.

Aaron Voros


0-0-0, +/- 0, 0 PIM

I know next to nothing about Voros, and I'm kind of okay with that. He's bounced around since breaking into the NHL and hasn't really established himself anywhere.  I'm going to do my best to find an awful picture of the opposing featured player to contrast with the implied awesomeness of the Wing's picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment