Thursday, April 1, 2010

Red Wings vs. Blue Jackets GP...

1. I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but are the Wings going to play a full sixty minutes tonight? There should really be a sign in the locker room reminding the team of the length of a typical NHL game. Maybe by the “To whom much is given, much is expected” sign, which has always bothered me on some level. There’s something wrong with the grammar, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. It drives me crazy. Really.
2. The Wings are riding a season-high six game winning streak. Can they “make it seven?” See what I did there?
3. Can the boys contain noted destroyer of Wings, Rick Nash?

Three of the Wings’ last six games are against the Blue Jackets. That’s half, for you mathematically challenged folks. Half. Who thought this was a good idea? I think it’s Gary’s last little dig at the Wings for the season.

3 comments:

  1. Only way to fix it and yet maintain the current syntax is to insert "of those" at the beginning. "Of those to whom much is given, much is expected." That makes it grammatically correct, but really it still sounds awkward. It's a great sentiment, but not a great sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! No matter how I try to fix it, it still sounds awkward and wordy. I agree. I love the sentiment, but I'm still searching for a better way to express it.

    ReplyDelete