This is no fun. I was really hoping to only have to write fifteen things in this GP. I really hope this game is more fun to watch than the last one. Today has been long and miserable. Four hours of sleep plus my continued frustration at the game last night have not made for a pleasant day.
If you haven’t already, read this post by Sara (@it_burns_us). It sums our obsession up perfectly. I promise that it will make your life.
16. Shane Doan. Someone’s got to step up and start dishing it back to him. It’s only a matter of time until he knocks one of the Wings out of the series with an injury.
15. We get to see the long-awaited and much called-for return of Justin Abdelkader. Here’s hoping he lives up to the expectations we’ve all set for him.
14. Lidstrom’s not happy about getting high-sticked and then lied to. This is probably the closest to angry that we’ll ever see him.
13. Look for the big guns to make more of an impact tomorrow.
12. The PK needs to be fixed like woah. I don’t really think another three-goal failure is likely, but something needs to get done.
11. On a similar note, the powerplay needs to come through. That should be the Wings’ bread and butter.
10. What are the odds that the Wings show up to play a full game?
9. Jimmy Howard needs to keep up his good work in playoff game #2. He also needs a lot more support from the guys skating in front of him.
8. Where was my Playoff Zetterberg? Come to think of it, what about Playoff Franzen?
7. The Wings need to make Bryzgalov’s life a lot more difficult. They had plenty of shots, but most of them were routine saves. He gave up a softie to open the scoring and needs to get tested more.
6. Helm needs to keep his head up.
5. What tin-foil-hat-validating events will transpire tomorrow?
4. The Wings need to be better on faceoffs. There’s no reason for them not to be.
3. The excuses about injuries and the like are gone. The Wings can’t afford to let another game slip away from them.
2. I’d really like to not be the crazy girl screaming at her TV in the middle of the night again. Let’s please make this game stress-free and painless.
1. I want to see more Homer.