Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coyotes Series Preview...

I, quite inexplicably, wrote the Game One GP before writing the series preview for the first round, so this is going to be pretty short.

Like I’ve said a couple of times already, the key to this series is going to be Ilya Bryzgalov. The Coyotes are going to live and die by his performance. I’m not kidding when I say that red hot opposition goalies give me nightmares. Bryzgalov (nickname: Breezy. What?) has the potential to spoil all of the Wings’ fun. If they can score on him as consistently as we all know they can, there’s no reason they can’t win this series. However, if he totally stands on his head, we might have to deal with and agonizing few games here.

The Coyotes fans are all up in arms about the prevalence of Wings fans in their home arena. This makes me laugh way more than it probably should.

The Wings are actually healthy for a change. They're hungry too. That's a dangerous combination, sunshines.

Guy to Grudgingly Respect: Ilya Bryzgalov
This probably would’ve been Shane Doan until the whole knee-on-knee incident. He’s a force to be reckoned with, and you have to appreciate what he’s done this season.

Guy to Fear: Ilya Bryzgalov
Yeah, he’s listed twice. Get over it. Nightmares. I have nightmares. For real.

Guy I’m Probably Going to Laugh at a Lot: Robert Lang
Just because.

Game time is in one hour. We've been waiting a long time for this. Let's get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment